PasturePets Horse Show
February 18, 2018 11 am SLT
Registration and Load in: February 11-15.
Judging: February 16 + 17
Rules subject to change without notice. Please check current show rules prior to entry. Obtain your show rules at the Hippodrome in Eldergrove.
PasturePets Horse Show Rules, February 2018
Each entrant will receive a temporary shed assignment, which includes 75 prims with which to decorate their display.
Judging is conducted in the size classes (Pony, Horse, Draft).
It is based on
1. the RealHorse NPC;
2. the creativity of the entry’s shed decorations; and
3. overall design of how the horse and decorations work together.
Two independent nonpartisan judges will score each entry awarding it 0-100 points. Their scores will be averaged to produce a final score which will determine placement in the size category and overall show. Highest scores win.
Eligible entries must register on our on-line entry form in advance of the show.
Entries open one week before the show and close when the show is full or by the Thursday before, whichever comes first.
Entered horses must be in their decorated stalls in the show ground by Thursday, 6 pm SLT and remain there for the duration of the show.
Judging will take place Friday-Saturday. Winners will be announced on Sunday.
1. Entry limited to RealHorse NPC horses. They may be owned or leased by the entering participant. (You may enter your leased PasturePet, RealHorse Rambler, or BeSpoke RealHorse or your own NPC RealHorse character).
NO OTHER HORSE MAKES OR MODELS MAY ENTER THIS SHOW. NO NON-BOT HORSES MAY ENTER THIS SHOW. YOUR NPC REALHORSE MUST REMAIN LOGGED IN 24/7 IN ITS ASSIGNED SHOWSHED FOR THE DURATION OF THE SHOW OR IT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
2. You can make decorations that are worn by your horse to expand your prim limit. Be aware of your avatar render weight for your horse. If the judge cannot see your horse, they cannot judge it!
3. Decorations may not cover the shed signboards.
4. One (1) notecard giver will be provided in which show management will put any details you provide about your horse/entry when you completed your entry form.
5. There are three size classes. Each Size Class will be judged against itself. Best in Show and Reserve Best in Show will be chosen based on the highest scores in total.
- Pony: Miniature Horse, Falabella, POA Ponies, Hackneys. Also minimules/donkeys.
- Horse: All 15.2 breeds, Gypsy Vanner + the unreleased breeds (Andalusian, American Saddlebred, Knabstrupper, Welsh Cob Section D)
- Draft: Percheron, Friesian + the unreleased breeds (Brabant, Clydesdale)
6. You do not need to be the creator of your shed decorations. Most people will want to be, but if you want to hire or ask a friend to make it for you that is fine, too. You MUST be the owner of any decorations you plan to rez on the showgrounds.
7. You may enter 1 Pony, 1 Horse and 1 Draft entry; on Thursday morning prior if any stalls are available we open registrations to all comers with a limit fo 3 per size class.
8. Prizes are distributed at the Awards ceremony on Sunday. Portrait plaques will follow the next day.
9. Don’t have a PasturePet but want to show? No problem! we have PasturePets available for lease, some even at the showground salesground ready to go!
Specific Rules for the creation of your Diorama displays:
1. A blank shed ‘sleeve’ as well as a Show Guide Maximum Volume object are provided to help you size your entry. If you wish, you can request that the shed be removed or that the curtains be hidden.
2. Please keep all entries General/PG/mature.
3. Please keep all decorations within the volume footprint provided.
4. Please keep all decorations under 12m in height.
5. Please limit your use of scripts and keep textures under 512 pixels for prims and 1024 for mesh.
6. Please, no particle scripts of any sort. You may use particles but the scripts must be removed. We will check.
7. As of this time you may use animated mesh, but please watch your ARC and memory usage. These types of objects tend to be heavy on the sim resources so if we feel it is an issue we may ask to remove any item that is causing a problem.
8. Prim overages will dock your score 5 points per prim that you are over limit. Show officials will make this adjustment to your score. We will enforce this rule. Competitors receive 75 LI per entry.
9. We will add interactive pose stands for the horses upon request or you may use your own pose stand with whatever poses/animations you wish. If no special request is made then we will use our existing random stand pose stands.
10. You may have a LM giver for your horse’s home stable.
11. Each month has a theme against which your entry will be judged. The Judges’ Instructions will be changed to reflect this. We will be providing the Judges with more objective guidelines to help both Competitors and Judges.
Themes for 2018 include:
February – Carnivale/Mardi Gras
March – Literature
April – Commercials
May – Spring Flowers
June – Midsummer’s Night/Solstice
July – Movies
August – At the Beach
September – Limousine Lifestyle
October – Samhain/Hallowe’en
November – Classic Rock
December – Yule/Winter Solstice